1 Strategise Potential
When selling a company you’ll need to start by…
- Agree on objectives, common purpose and time scales for sale, particularly when there are multiple owners.
- Consider the optimal company & personal structure (shareholder buy-sell, tax, confidentiality, wealth management) to go forward.
- Resolve current and potential legal issues including IP transfer
- Understanding about how the competitive environment & trends will evolve and what buyers are likely to be looking for.
Strategic Company Sales will
- Provide a realistic early assessment of the sales opportunity.
- Undertake a market appraisal.
- Think laterally about the types of companies who would be interested in such a venture.
- Highlight the alternatives in departing your company – the pitfalls as well as the advantages.
- Liaise with your financial adviser regarding the timing of the sale – its appropriate structure (assets v shares) and the tax implications.